1. Data protection obligation
When processing your personal data, the protection of your personal privacy is of the utmost concern to TB Digital Services GmbH (“TBDS”). We process personal data collected during use of the RIO “4Drivers” app (hereinafter: “the App”) solely in compliance with the data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Feder-al Data Protection Act (BDSG).
2. Intendend purpose
The purpose of the app is to simplify communication between dispatchers and drivers. It enables dispatchers to send drivers their upcoming jobs and drivers to notify dispatchers of their progress. The assignment of jobs, monitoring of progress and, if a RIO Box has not been installed in the vehicle, determination of vehicle location are the main reasons for the exchange of information. Data collected by the app is processed solely for the intended pur-pose.
3. Processing personal data within the framework of the app
Personal data means any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples include information such as a person’s first name, last name, phone number, or email address, but also location data or drivers’ behavioural data.
Legal basis for processing
Personal data is only processed by us if and to the extent that a legal regulation permits that specific piece of data to be processed, or if the data subject has expressly consented to this processing in advance.
Encrypted message communication
To protect all personal data from third-party access, all communication between the App and our server takes place within the framework of an encrypted connection (TLS 1.2 or bet-ter).
App’s access to device functions
- The app accesses the camera on the devices in order to establish a link between a vehicle and a device.
- The app accesses the GPS position of the devices in order to transmit the location of the vehicle if a RIO Box is not available.
- The app accesses the memory of the devices in order to send photos (e.g. of the freight or of damage to the vehicle).
Transmitting the data to third parties
The personal data of the user is not passed on to any other third parties by us.
Cookies are employed during usage of the App. Information such as the session ID and other data is processed within these cookies, which are necessary for a smooth registration.
We take appropriate technical and organisational security precautions in order to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional tampering, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our data processing and security precautions are regularly improved in line with technological developments.
No personal data is stored in the App itself. The personal data required for the operation of the App is stored in other service applications and is subject to the deletion periods applica-ble there. In this respect, the data is only stored for as long as is necessary for the provision of the service or the fulfilment of retention periods.
9. Commisioned data processing
We have concluded contracts for commissioned data processing with cooperation partners that we use as commissioned processors within the framework of the App’s provision and the use of its functions.
10. Changes to our data protection provisions
We reserve the right to change our data protection and IT security measures should this be-come necessary as a result of statutory or technical developments. In such cases, we will adapt our data protection provisions accordingly, inform you in a suitable manner, and where necessary, obtain your consent for this.
11. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to receive information, particularly regarding the data about you that we are processing, the purposes of this processing, the categories of the personal data con-cerned, the categories of the recipients, and the planned storage period (Art. 15 GDPR).
- The right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data corrected by the data controller (Arts. 16 and 17 GDPR).
- The right to have the data stored about you deleted or its processing limited (Art. 17 GDPR).
- The right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, without stating a reason (Art. 7, para 3 GDPR).
- The right to file complaints with the responsible supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
12. Data contoller and contact
If you have any questions on data protection in relation to this App or would like to assert your rights, please contact: TB Digital Services GmbH, Oskar-Schlemmer-Str. 19-21, 80807 Munich, Germany or email firstname.lastname@example.org.